Eligibility and Qualification
To be eligible to apply, student must be a Cambodian citizen residing in Cambodia and meet the minimum or maximum age requirement.
- have a good academic record, particularly in Mathematics, Khmer, English;
- demonstrate a global understanding;
- have proven interest in extracurricular activities; and
- be of strong moral character.
UWC looks for the following attributes in students:
1. Intellectual curiosity and motivation
Showing a genuine desire to learn about the world, the capacity to grasp a range of issues, from global problems to local concerns, and the ability to analyze topics thoroughly.
2. Active commitment
The ability to develop, question and confront their own values. To measure their behavior within family and community against these values, and to act accordingly and responsibly.
3. Social competence
The ability and readiness to make contact with other people, interact respectfully with them, work in a team and achieve solutions. Also, the ability to express themselves appropriately, in different situations and to different people.
4. Resilience, personal responsibility and integrity
The ability to look after themselves physically and emotionally during the challenging and transforming experience that UWC offers. Also, the personal motivation to adhere to UWC’s common moral and ethical principles, a sense of humility and an ability to listen and value the opinion and experience of others.
5. Motivation for UWC
Passion and commitment to actively promoting UWC’s values.
6. Ability to represent Cambodia to the international community
Students demonstrate the ability to effectively represent Cambodia