2-Year UWC Scholarships
UWC (United World Colleges) is a global education movement that makes education a force to unite people, nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future. UWC offers an International Baccalaureate education to students with a high emphasis placed on international understanding and the sharing of cultures. Set in 19 countries on 4 continents, UWC Colleges deliver a challenging and transformational education to over 9,500 students each year. Seven full and partial scholarships are offered to Cambodian students aged 16 to 18 years old for the academic year 2020 - 2022.
|UWC College||Country||Type of Scholarship||Travel Allowance||Pocket Money|
|UWC Adriatic||Italy||Fully Funded Scholarship||Yes||Yes|
|UWC Atlantic College||United Kingdom||Up to Fully Funded||No||No|
|UWC Changshu||China||Up to Fully Funded||No||No|
|UWC Costa Rica||Costa Rica||Partially Funded||No||No|
|UWC Dilijan||Armenia||Up to Fully Funded||No||No|
|UWC ISAK Japan||Japan||Partially Funded||No||No|
|Li Po Chun UWC||Hong Kong||Partially Funded||No||No|
- be Cambodian citizens,
- have been born between 01 September 2002 and 31 August 2004,
- are currently attending high school in Cambodia, and
- have a valid personal e-mail address.
- Well suited for UWC mission and values*
- Must have sufficient written and spoken English skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking abilities and academic potential
- Demonstrated a strong commitment to and involvement in their communities
- Have the potential to improve themselves and make an impact during and after their UWC education
* For more information about UWC mission and values, please click here.
Eligible and qualified applicants are invited to submit an online application form free of charge. The process is simple:
- Step 1 : Go to bit.ly/uwc-cambodia-2yrs-apply-2020-2022
- Step 2 : Fill in all the details and then click on "Submit".
- Step 3 : Receive notification of application in your inbox if you enter a valid e-mail address. Please check spam/junk box if you don't see the notification e-mail in your main inbox.
- Candidates may edit/change their answers after the initial submission anytime before the application deadline on 31 December 2019 by clicking on the link provided in the confirmation e-mail. Please ensure you spell out your e-mail address correctly in the application form before submitting, otherwise, you will not be able to edit/change your answers.
- If candidates do not receive a confirmation e-mail, this means the e-mail address you provided is invalid. In such a case, candidates should submit a new application.
- A complete application must include answers to all required (*) short essay questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Hard-copy and e-mailed applications are not accepted.
This application is open from 1 December 2019 and will be closed on 31 December 2019. Applications received after this date will NOT be accepted.
- Selection criteria are based upon the quality of the application, including short essay responses.
- Shortlist candidates will be selected to sit the 1st round exam. Selection committee's decision is final and irrevocable.
- Short-listed candidates will be notified via e-mail by 15th January 2020 with further information on exam date, exam subjects, and venue.
- Due to the large application volume, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Those who do not receive a notification of application decision by 15th January 2020 means they have not made it to the 1st round.
- General selection updates will be provided on UWC Cambodia website, Facebook page, and e-mail notifications to short-listed candidates.
UWC Cambodia selections committee looks for the following attributions in students:
- Intellectual curiosity and motivation
- Active commitment
- Social competence
- Resilience, personal responsibility and integrity
- Motivation for UWC
- Ability to represent Cambodia to the international community
For more information about selections criteria, please see here.
For frequently asked questions about the UWC movement, UWC Cambodia national committee, and selections process, please see FAQs page.
Spread the words
Educators are welcome to share this scholarship opportunity with those who might be interested in this scholarship program. Scholarship brochure is available upon request.